Maximum people nowadays are trying to adopt more environment friendly style. That’s why there has been a growing demand of recycle business, starting with recycled papers and aluminium cans or foils and more. They have further set thermostats differently whenever no one is around or even put timers on lights. Most people follow the eco-friendly initiatives just under one roof. But how can you add this environment friendly notion towards roof itself? If you are ever trying to build a house or replacing your old roof, there are some greener options for you to consider.
Try adding cool roofs
This kind of roof is gaining quite some popularity among not just the masses only but among roofers in Salt Lake City as well. The materials comprise of mixture of white gravel and white glue for reflecting sun’s harmful UV rays. Therefore, it reduces the amount of heat which otherwise invades your place. Less heat means you don’t have to use AC much, which further helps in cutting down on the need of electricity, produced otherwise from coal based power plants.
Metallic roof with standing seam
As understood primarily from the name, this roof is a long lasting option and 100% recyclable. So, these metallic roofs are not just proven to be advantageous to the green homeowners but can be a rather good investment for anyone willing to invest in good roof with long lasting durability.
- To help you the environment, you can easily select metal roofs built from recycled materials and mostly of light colors.
- Once procured, the metal roofs can easily last for around 50 years if not more. Furthermore, the roof seems to be fire-resistant in nature.
- If you are planning to harvest some rainwater best for your gardening, this kind of roof is the one to choose.
- Even during snowy weather, these roofs are best as these help to slide the snow off. Therefore, it inhibits the formation of some ice dams.
Head towards the tile option
For those people who believe in roofing to be one-time investment plan, tile must be a much sorted out option. Tile roofs have the durability to last for 100 years if not more. It is a highly favorable option during warm climates. The key feature of tile roofing as eco-friendly option lies within its composition, ability to get recycled when needed and its shape. While heading towards Roofing Salt Lake City, you might want to give tile a chance to shine.
Tiles come with a curved shape, which helps with ventilation. These roofing tiles are available in various colors. It has light colors, which can reflect lesser heat into atmosphere. Another bonus to this point is that it is heavy. There is a superior form of thermal mass, which will keep the cooler air inside on a very hot day.
Going towards singly ply thermoset
In layman’s term, single-ply thermoset comprises of a roofing membrane procured from natural gas and oil, which gets cured and then bonded to roofing materials.
- These roofs are known to be well-sealed in nature and helps in insulating buildings they are covering.
- These products are constructed in factory as opposed to other options, which are constructed and then sealed at site.
- Studies have indicated that thermoset membranes are good at withstanding some of the damaging effects of sunlight. Most of the time, these membranes are black but if asked, manufacturers can make it in white too. White is perfect for creating a cool roof.
Single Ply Thermoplastic
Thermoplastic membranes comprise of different form of chemical composition from the thermoset. It means these roofing materials don’t have to be bound to the same material type. They are mostly welded shut and comprise of fire retardants and some materials for absorbing UV light.
- As per roofing materials, this form of roofing is a clear choice for businesses and restaurants, which push oils out from ventilation system as these membranes are higher resistant to animal fats, oil and bacterial growth.
- If you want, you can install the membranes over some older forms of roofs. It means you don’t have to tear down the entire roof to add a new one.
- These plastic rolls are mostly available in cool color grays or in white variations. It has a slick surface, which improves the ability of roof to reflect light.
Corrugated roofing for you
This is another example of eco-friendly roofing. This kind of roof is perfect for creating an economical and strong green home designs. Such roofing techniques are advanced and such roof does not come in any wavy metallic sheet or translucent plastic form.
- Nowadays, this kind of roofing is available in multiple styles and colors. The versatility helps manufacturers to come up with multiple designs.
- The roof comprises of a neat appearance and it is quite light. Moreover, it won’t take much time to repair or fix such roof.
- The corrugated roofing is known to be durable, making it a rather excellent green building choice for the homeowners.
Slate tile option
One of the sturdiest materials of all time has to be slate. The tenure of this slate roof seems to be measured in some centuries other than years. There are some companies, which are offering 100 years of warranty service on some slate roofs. If you ever come across any firm repurposing salvaged slate tiles, then your roof might prove to be quite eco-friendly in nature.
Adding solar cells in the roofing materials
This kind of service is mostly stated as building integrated form of photovoltaic technology. This service comprises of embedding small solar cells, as related to traditional form of roofing materials like metal and shingles. Yes, this kind of technology is a bit expensive, but it does offset the energy cost of a home by just augmenting power usage with the help of solar electricity.
Shingle roofing with recycled materials
Majority of the shingles as sold today are made out of recycled content like wooden fiber, plastic and rubber. This roof helps to mimic recycled cedar and slate shakes.
- When compared with other eco-friendly options, this kind of roof is widely popular among roofers Salt Lake City. Such shingles are rather affordable ones and perfect alternative to those who cannot afford any kind of expensive slate roofs.
- The items are quite durable with span of more than 50 years with green benefits. The roofs are going to look nice and it becomes hard to think that such roofs were made from waste items.
- While using this roof, there will be no waste reduction and no need to process any new raw materials. So, you have to use less energy, which can result in less pollution.
Green roofing available
In urban areas, planting green roof comprises of multiple benefits. It helps in moderating heat effect and cleanses air. In addition to that, green home design helps in reducing the amount of rainwater runoff, which helps in offering additional insulation and cooling at home. Moreover, the natural beauty supplements help in improving the appearance of house.
Adding wind turbines in roofing elements
If you think that wind turbines mean adding shingles with windmills on, then you are wrong. These are mostly panels with some miniature wind turbines, which are well embedded within them to harness wind, which otherwise blow the roof of your home. Even though it might serve as primary power source of the structure, there are some times when windy day can offer electricity for home.
Rubber roofing helps a lot
The market manufacturers reinforced rubber shingles from some old steel belted tires, which is a good roofing material. It is vitally coated with some ground slate for enhancing texture. The roof is available in multiple colors. Rubber roof works as storm resistant and can prevent roofing damage from any harsh weather condition. Once installed, these roofs are designed to last for around 50 years.
Adding some roof pavers
Pavers are mainly designed tiles for a roof. These pavers are thick and over 2 inches or 5 centimeters. It has a cool variety of minimum 78% of the ultraviolet light. These pavers have all the great features of the roofing tiles, designed to boot.
Roof comprises of pavers is as heavy as stone roof and can easily weight more than 23 pounds per square foot. But for building which is designed to carry load, the heavy roof comprises of heavy insulating benefits. If you fail to have one such home which carries that form of weight, you can always install pavers on some of the smaller areas like balconies.
Adding those plant roofs
Nowadays, you have the right to actually plant lawn or garden on roof. It is presently stated as horticultural roofs and comprise of few inches of the sealed material, where you can add two feet of soil on. It is quite enough for supporting habitat of shrubs, flowers, mosses and even crops or trees. These roofs are of quite high maintenance.